Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Playoff Predictions: Round 2


Lets see how my picks fared in the first round....


Eastern Conference:



I said MTL in 5. What really happened, MTL in 7. I didn't expect the Habs to have this much trouble with the Bruins. I thought this would be a quick series, but the Bruins fought hard. The jury is still out on Price, he had his up and downs, but he won and its a whole new round.


I said Pens in 6. What really happened, Pens in 4! I expected the Sens to fight like they did in the regular season, but the Pens dominated.


I said Caps in 6. What really happened, Flyers in 7. I knew this series had a possibilty to go to seven games, but I didn't expect Ovechkin to disappear for half the series. Ovechkin was nowhere near the player he was in the regular season, I was disappointed. Kudos to Backstrom, he is amazing.


I said Rangers in 7. What really happened, Rangers in 5. This came to a surprise to me. I expected Brodeur to keep this series in check, which he did to a point. The Rangers gave up more goal to the Devils, than they wanted, but it didn't happen, so on to the next round they go.
Western Conference:
I said Wings in 6. I called it. The Wings didn't win this series as impressively as they should have, I don't think they will make it past the next round.
I said SJS in 7. I called another one. The Flames gave the Sharks some serious trouble. I really don't have a liking for the Sharks, but hey what can I do. They shut down the Flames in the neutral zone in game 7.
I said Wild in 7. What really happened, Aves in 6. This series was a good one, possibly my favorite one. The wild weren't bad, but where did Gaborik disappear to? I think the Aves will be in the Western Conference Finals.
I said Ducks in 6. What really happened, Stars in 6. The Ducks got into penalty trouble, and the Stars power play beat them. New Stanley Cup Champion this year.
My Picks for Round 2:
Eastern Conference:
Montreal vs. Philadelphia. This series will be interesting. The Habs swept the season series, but that was the past. The Bruins exposed the Canadiens. If you play physical against them, they can be defeated. The Habs need to just score on the power play. The Flyers special teams were sloppy so I'll say the Canadiens in 7.
Pittsburgh vs. NY Rangers. This will be a great series, possibly one for the ages. The Rangers took 5 of 8 in the regular season, but did not play well on Mellon Arena ice. If the Rangers take a lot of penalties against the Pens, Pit will win, also Pittsburgh needs to find a way to win on Madison Square Garden ice. They were brutal there this year. I say Pens in 6.
Western Conference:
Detroit vs. Colorado. The Wings weren't impressive at all in round one, and the Aves were dominant. The season series was 4-0 in favour of Detroit, but the Wings goal tending will do them in. I say Avelanche in 6.
SJ Sharks vs. Dallas Stars. The series was 3-1 in favour of the Stars. The Sarks had trouble with the Flames and the Stars blew by the defending cup champs. This will be a good series, but the Stars will pull it out. Stars in 6. Rematch of the 1999 Western Conference Finals. Stars vs. Aves.

No comments: